In the UK, legislation applies to the kinetic hazards listed in Where might you find them? A partial list includes the following:
- The Health & Safety at Work etc. (HSW) Act 1974 requires employers to make employees and others aware of hazards and risks.
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work (MHSWR) Regulations 1999 requires employers to carry out suitable and sufficient assessments of risks.
- Pressurised systems using steam or containing gases and liquids under pressures of more than 0.5 bar are subject to the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000.
- Suspension points, eye bolts and wire ropes for suspended objects are legislated under the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
- The movement of gas cylinder bottles on public roads is legislated under the Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations 2009.
- Flammable gases are covered by the Dangerous Substances & Explosive Atmospheres Regulations (DSEAR) 2002.
- Carbon tetrachloride inside a fire extinguisher is covered by the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002.