- Do not underestimate the health risks of mould.
- Wear thin nitrile gloves and avoid skin contact with mould.
- Wash hands thoroughly after removing gloves.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke around mould.
- If mould removal work is essential:
- Ensure you have had information and instructions about how to do it effectively.
- Wear the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) you have been provided. Small scale mould outbreaks may only require thin nitrile gloves, an FFP3 dust mask and goggles. Larger scale outbreaks may require full face respirators and body suits.
- When vacuuming mould only use HEPA rated filters, never a normal vacuum cleaner.