- Find out if there are any radioactive sources in your collection by comparing examples in this eTool.
- Speak to a knowledgeable person about whether there are any risks from working with or around radioactive objects in your collection. If radioactive objects have previously been identified, read any risk assessments that have been prepared by the museum.
- Hazard label objects in storage according to the requirements of IRR17.
- Record hazards in a collections database.
- Beware of the internal exposure risk from breathing in radioactive dust from powdery minerals and deteriorated radium paint.